How To Get Started With Home Care Service
Learn How To Get Started with Home Care
Before we begin any of our in-home care services, we will set up an initial meeting with family members or potential clients. During the meeting, the level of desired care will be discussed, along with the amount of assistance the patient needs. Please let us know of any specific requirements, requests, or concerns, and we will do our best to resolve them during the meeting. This meeting with the Care Coordinator is the time to ask any questions related to you or your loved ones’ future care with us. We also take this initial meeting as an opportunity to get to know you and your family. Please let us know if you’re feeling overwhelmed. We fully understand this is a difficult phase, and we are here to make the transition of in-home care as seamless as possible.
The following topics are commonly discussed during initial meetings.
- Specific physical needs – If the care recipient requires help daily activities like grooming, dressing, meals and diet, mobility, and incontinence.
- Schedule review – We want to gain a full understanding of the care recipient’s sleep, eating, doctors’ appointments, and medication schedule. As well as any specific emotional needs such as social interaction, activities, conversation, and companionship.
- Specific assistance requirements – This can involve homemaking such as preparation of meals, groceries, linens, laundry, and light housekeeping.
- Logistics – We will discuss a schedule to fit all parties involved, as well as access to the home, any documentation necessary, and the details of how to work with scheduling changes, the office or the caregivers.
- Establishing a schedule – If you do wish to proceed with our Home Care Services, we will set up an interview with potential caregivers, finalize the care plan, schedule a homemaker visit, and coordinate a meeting with caregiver(s).
Get Started Today
Speak with our Care Advisor near you for information on elderly home care services.